syntax highlighting and schema validation

Coordinator
May 27, 2008 at 6:11 PM
Does anyone else thinks this clashes a bit?  I was thinking of changing that so there's a validation display instead of the whole text area.

Robbie
Developer
May 28, 2008 at 8:32 AM
Can you define 'clashes'?

If its the colour scheme, then this is configurable, and the default colours were put in mostly as placeholders by me with my garish eye for design...

What would the separate validation display hold, and what would it do? My concerns about adding a separate display are that it would add more complexity to an already crowded (particularly at low res) screen, and would add time to getting feedback on the validity of the xml.
Coordinator
May 28, 2008 at 1:27 PM
I just think that any colours on green or red make the syntax highlighting less obvious.  I'm thinking of a discreet label somewhere to indicate validation rather then anything more complicated.
Coordinator
May 28, 2008 at 5:07 PM

robbieclutton wrote:
I just think that any colours on green or red make the syntax highlighting less obvious.  I'm thinking of a discreet label somewhere to indicate validation rather then anything more complicated.

There is a feature in the code base, not quite commited yet (sorry) that will allow you to set the colors yourself, and to turn syntax highlghting on and off